We may have just entered a new decade filled with smartphones and streaming but vinyl records are still alive and well and selling like crazy! Impressively, records from decades past are still in the hundreds of thousands.
Nielsen recently released its 2019 year-end report giving us insight to the top-selling records of the last decade. The top 10 albums are filled with some pretty great legendary bands and musicians. With millions of albums sold, vinyl sales don't look like they'll be slowing down any time soon and we're here for it.
It probably comes as no surprise that The Beatles' Abbey Road took the top spot selling over half a million (558,000) vinyl records in the 2010s. The iconic band also scored the seventh slot with 1967's Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
More surprisingly though, only two modern albums made the top 10 list: Lana Del Rey's 2012 album, Born To Die; which sold 283,000 vinyl copies giving it the tenth slot and the late Amy Winehouse's Back to Black made it to the fifth spot. Rock and Roll Hall Of Famers Fleetwood Mac, who are still going strong, also scored big with selling over 300,000 copies of Rumors in the 2010s. So let's give it up for the ladies!
Check out the whole list below:
1. The Beatles Abbey Road (558,000 copies)
2. Pink Floyd ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ (376,000 copies)
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (367,000 copies)
4. Bob Marley & The Wailers Legend (364,000 copies)
5. Amy Winehouse Back to Black (351,000 copies)
6. Michael Jackson Thriller (334,000 copies)
7. The Beatles Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (313,000 copies)
8. Fleetwood Mac Rumors (304,000 copies)
9. Miles Davis Kind of Blue (286,000 copies)
10. Lana Del Rey Born To Die (283,000 copies)
Photos: Getty Images